Become a Teen Delegate
Delegates in the Miss South Carolina Teen Organization, at both the state and local level, gain experience through participation in interviews, talent performances, public speaking, promoting individual social impact initiatives and social/digital media interaction. Cash and in-kind educational scholarships are available to all young women who advance to the state competition.
To become a Miss South Carolina Teen delegate, you must enter and win a local competition. Check out upcoming local competitions here.
Phases of Competition*
- Private Interview
- Evening Gown/On Stage Question
Each delegate must also have a social impact initiative platform they will advocate during their year of service.
To become a participant for the next Competition Cycle (starting May 2023) you must meet all criteria as shown below:
- Birth years 2006 – 2010
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a female
- Meet residency requirements for competing in your city or state
- Participate in fundraising for the Miss America Foundation.
- Meet character criteria set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local and state competitions in which you compete.
- Participate in fundraising for the Miss America Foundation via SpotFund.
*Both the phases of competition and age and residency requirements are subject to change
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a delegate in the Miss South Carolina program, check out the schedule of upcoming local competitions and/or fill out an interest form here.
Did You Know?
- You can compete as a Delegate for Miss South Carolina or Miss South Carolina Teen if you hold a Local Festival or University Title.
- Teen delegates may choose to compete at-large at the state pageant. At-large state teen delegates must comply with the same minimum requirements as state delegates who won Local Pageants. Click here for the application.
How to register in the Miss America system and for a local competition. These steps have to be done in order for the candidate to compete at the preliminary level.