Become a Miss Delegate
Candidates in the Miss South Carolina Organization, at both the state and local level, gain experience through participation in interviews, talent performances, public speaking, promoting individual social impact initiatives and social/digital media interaction. Cash and in-kind educational scholarships are available to all young women who advance to the state competition.
To become a Miss South Carolina delegate, you must enter and win a local competition. Check out upcoming local competitions here.
Phases of Competition*
- Personal Interview with Judges
- Onstage Interview + Social Impact Pitch
- Talent Competition
- Evening Wear
Each delegate must also have a social impact initiative they will advocate during their year of service.
Age and Residency Requirements*
Age & Education
- Delegates (1) must be at least nineteen (19) years of age by December 31 of the year of the State Competition, (2) Must not be older than twenty-six (26) years of age on December 31st of the year of the State Competition.
- Must fulfill ONE of the following:
- Must reside in the state of competition
- Be enrolled in and physically attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university;
- Or be employed on a full-time basis in the state in which she intends to compete.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Participate in fundraising for the Miss America Foundation.
- Meet character criteria set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities as set forth by the local and state competitions in which you compete.
- Participate in fundraising for the Miss America Foundation via SpotFund.
*Both the phases of competition and age and residency requirements are subject to change
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a delegate in the Miss South Carolina program, check out the schedule of upcoming local competitions and/or fill out an interest form here.
Did You Know?
- You can compete as a Candidate for Miss South Carolina if you hold a Local Festival or University Title. Click here for the application.
How to register in the Miss America system and for a local competition. These steps have to be done in order for the candidate to compete at the preliminary level.
- Step 1: Miss America Program Registration: Click here to register.
There will be a $35 registration fee for each candidate.
- Step 2: Local Competition Registration. Click here to register.
Miss candidates are required to raise $75 to participate in a local competition.